GROUP DESCRIPTION: The Activism Defense team focuses on advising clients with respect to shareholder activism, raid defense, and related situations.
POSITION: Evercore seeks to hire an experienced Associate for its Activism Defense Team located in New York, NY.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Evercore’s differentiated approach to advisory provides Associates with the ability to work closely with senior bankers on industry-transforming, multi-billion dollar transactions around the world. The small transaction team structure creates a strong platform for Associates to learn investment banking and assume high levels of responsibility at early stages of their careers. As part of the team, the Associate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of strategic advisory assignments including: sell-side and buy-side M&A engagements; activism and raid defense; divestitures and spin-off engagements; special committee engagements and, more broadly, evaluation of strategic alternatives.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a strong interest in investment banking broadly and activism defense specifically with solid analytical skills, as well as the ability to think broadly about a range of strategic issues confronting the firm’s clients. Knowledge of finance, valuation, and business strategy is a must as are excellent written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities for an Associate include interfacing with clients to resolve complex financial and strategic issues, managing and executing live deal situations, drafting client presentation materials, assisting with new business development and managing Analysts.
- An MBA from a top-tier business school or an Associate promote
- 2016 or 2017 Associate class preferred
- Only investment banking backgrounds will be considered
- Excellent grasp of corporate finance, valuation, and financial accounting
- Superior analytical skills and demonstrated excellence in academic coursework
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well in teams and articulate ideas
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and achievement-oriented character