Evercore seeks to hire an Analyst for its Restructuring and Debt Advisory Group in New York.
Evercore's unique market position provides Analysts the ability to work closely with senior bankers on industry-transforming, multi-billion dollar transactions in markets around the world. The small transaction team structure allows Analysts a strong platform to learn investment banking and assume high levels of responsibility at early stages of their careers. As part of the team, the Analysts will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments including: balance sheet restructuring, refinancing of corporate obligations, evaluation of strategic alternatives and assistance in raising debt or equity financing.
Candidates must have a strong interest in investment banking with solid quantitative and analytical skills, as well the ability to think broadly about a range of strategic issues confronting the firm’s clients. Knowledge of accounting, valuation, finance, and business strategy is a must. Responsibilities for an Analyst include performing financial and valuation analysis, resolving complex financial and accounting issues, advanced modeling, credit analysis, due diligence, drafting client presentation materials, execution of live transactions, and assistance with new business development.
- An Undergraduate degree from a top-tier business school
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent grasp of corporate finance, valuation, and financial accounting
- Superior analytical skills and demonstrated excellence in academic coursework
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to articulate ideas
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong work ethic and stamina
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and achievement-oriented character