Evercore, the leading global independent investment bank, is seeking to build a best-in-class talent development function, highly customized to its business and culture. You will be a founding member of a newly-formed Talent Development team charged with developing the blueprint of this new function, establishing initial priorities and close partnerships with professionals across the organization, and successfully executing on the plan.
Responsibilities will entail a fluid mix of the following:
- Close consultation between the business and Human Capital Group leaders to establish talent priorities
- Design of bespoke talent and learning initiatives to support Evercore’s business and people goals
- Program management of these initiatives, including platform delivery of training programs
- Bring an ongoing awareness of external best practice to bear on Evercore goals and objectives
- Building and maintaining necessary talent infrastructure (governance, processes, toolkits, systems, reporting, communication)
Key Mindsets and Capabilities
- Investment banking mindset: Evercore is a highly successful bank, bringing an uncompromising client service mindset to its clients around the world. We must speak Evercore’s language, share their client focus, and bring the same sense of urgency and standards of quality to our work inside Evercore.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: We are building a new function, and many of our initiatives will not have been done before at Evercore. We will need to build buy-in, move quickly, solicit and act on feedback, and rapidly assimilate and adjust to our experience.
- Partnership mindset: Our success will depend on close working partnerships across the Human Capital Group and the line leaders of the firm.
- Ability to design and execute outstanding talent/learning programs in an investment banking environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as platform training skills.
- Confidence and resilience to interact successfully with senior investment bankers.
- Creative and open-minded in adapting traditional talent approaches to Evercore’s unique culture and needs.
- Well-organized and able to multi-task. Able and willing to skillfully execute administrative/ organizational aspects of programs we run.
- Ability to independently build plan and progress work against broad objectives.